- Our School
- Pupil Premium, Catch-Up & Sports Funding
- School Sports Funding
- PE Blogs
- Young Ambassadors' Event
Young Ambassadors' Event
An Interview with Amelia Nugent
1. What was the first thing you did when you got to Friesland?
Firstly, all of the sports ambassadors from the schools gathered in the sports hall. We discussed what a good team leader was- we thought of a kind, helpful, encouraging, confident, respectful, committed, fair person who enjoys sport. We collected our bags- we were all very proud to represent Firfield and excited about what was in store.
2. What did you discuss?
We discussed what activities and events we would like to plan for the rest of the school. We considered lots of ideas and fed them back to the group. Eventually we chose:
- A football match between KS2 and the teachers
- An obstacle course on the trim trail for KS1 and KS2
- A mini Wimbledon tournament in the Summer
3. How do you feel about being a Young Ambassador?
I was chosen by my class so it makes me feel proud to represent the school. I am determined to make a difference and I feel this is a stepping stone to doing this in Year 6.
4. Are you enjoying your role?
Yes, so far it’s good. I can’t wait to see our targets for the year and how we can accomplish these in school.
An interview by Eva H